Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Parcels in the mail

Is it really only a fortnight (or thereabouts) since I welcomed my 70th follower!?  Now there are already 82!!
Well, let's welcome all of you first and then I'll show you what I got in the mail the other day.....

A warm welcome to:
Carol at True2scale,
Daydreamer at About my Doll Houses
Jody at Jody's Miniwereld (you'll hear more about her if you read on!)
Kim Saulter at It's a miniature life
Marit at Black Cat Cottage
Clara at Lavida en miniatura
Fiver at Mini Menagerie (who's stolen my heart with her little critters)
May at May
Esther Sanches Dias at Mi Mundo de Miniatura
Muriel at le Coffre d'Emilie

There are two more followers who don't seem to have a blog or a website, but I want to welcome them anyway: Kim@FairytaleCottage and AnythingMiniature. If you do have a blog or website, please let me know and I'll add them here.

And another edit of this posting, since Shellby wrote in her comment that indeed she has a blog: AnythingMiniature. So, I'm going to check it out right now.  You too?

(I had to edit this post, because in the large black space the following was missing:)

All these blogs are really worthwile visiting, even if I haven't mentioned what they are about. Better even: some will be a nice surprise for you. ;-) It's just that I don't have the time to add descriptions for everyone of them. And a few you will know already, because the are following my other blogs, but that's no reason not to welcome them here as well. And to all of you followers: I hope you have a good time when you're visiting my blog. I know I do when I visit yours.

And on now to the parcels in the mail.  One I received because I'd asked a question about scoubidous and the other because it was my birthday last week (My 60th! Do I really want to advertise that? LOL).

I'd asked Jody about the scoubidous and the wonderful person she is, she not only sent me a whole envelope of them, but added the transparent pins I mentioned as well as some other goodies, like beads and things.
Look at this:



Of course I am going to get a parcel ready for Jody.  We've already talked about what she would like to receive in return, so when I get a moment to catch my breath this week it will go into the mail to the other side of the world.  Thank you again, Jody and as you mentioned before, it was perfect timing! ;-)

And the other parcel was from my friend Dorothée in New Zealand.  She doesn't have a blog, so don't go looking for one, but she makes wonderful miniatures.  Remember the wicker chair in my witch's cottage?  Anyway, this time the postman brought me this:



Aren't they cute?  And so realistic! They are meant for my witch's cottage, but I will probably use 2 of them there and save one for another of my projects.  It probably means that I have to try my hand at birds too???  Now, that's what I call a challenge.  Thank you so much Dorothée.  They are lovely.

And that's all for today.  I've been on the computer all morning.  Shame on me, there is so much else to do.....

Have a nice day (or a good night's rest)

Marion

5 comments:

  1. ¡¡¡¡Felicidades por tu cumpleaños!!! Es una edad que se puede decir, ya que estas estupenda. Los regalos son prácticos y preciosos.
    Muchas gracias por recibirme en tu blog con tanto cariño. Besos Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marion - i do indeed have a blog, the link is:

    http://anythingminiature.blogspot.com/

    Thank you for a lovely welcome anyway. And those bird boxes are adorable!! I'd love to be able to make something like that! Your friend is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muchas Felicidades por tu cumpleaños!!!
    Me encantan tus regalitos
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely birdhouses, it seems natural!
    I'm glad that you have got my post.

    Greetings Jody.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias Marion por nombrarme en tu blog, tengo un sorteo en MI MUNDO DE MINIATURA, apúntate, suerte.

    ReplyDelete

So kind of you to leave a comment.

Thank you also for visiting my blog.

However, comments with the purpose of (hidden) advertising will not be considered genuine and will be removed.