For a long time I had this old little pond. Some ten years ago I attended a workshop where we learned to make moulds with latex. You know, that thin stuff that you paint over your item of which you want to make a mould, and you paint on coat, after coat, after..... I think we did 24 of them!!! We had made this little pond out of clay and then, with the mould we made one out of plaster of Paris. Anyway, this was meant for a garden theme in a break-away box which I never finished, because I didn't like the pond.
I wanted to finish my witch's cottage and need water in the swampy area next to it. Since I've never used clear resin I thought it would be a good idea to practice and what better then on this little pond? I painted it, and luckily I hadn't done that until now, because I wouldn't have done a good job. Since Rik Pierce's workshop I have learned to do things a lot differently, so I painted the rocks the way they should be done to look realistic. I 'planted' some plants on the water's edge and fabricated a few goldfish from fimo and set about filling this little fish pond.
And this is the result:
Perhaps I am going to finish that break-away box after all, but don't hold your breath. :-)
This'll be my last posting for a while as we are going on holidays for a few weeks. See you soon and as always, thanks for reading my blog and for all your kind comments.
Bye for now
Still Working on It...
6 hours ago